Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm off

January 7, 2010

I left Portland, Maine for Los Angeles, CA yesterday. As I look back on my last weeks, I am aware of all the transitions that Iam facing: leaving my ministry, community, community house, friends, colleagues, professional relationships. I had to pack all my possessions and place them in storage. I find it amazing how much your imagination and consciousness tries to settle itself into stability and permanence. And, off I go as part of my Jesuit life and formation. I pray that God send me plenty of graces to keep me open to deepening my relationship with the Lord and with my Jesuit brothers as we learn how to serve him more freely.

The flight from Portland to Newark, NJ was fine. As I walked up the stairs from the airport gate, I was greeting by at least 20 priests at the top of the stairs. This is not a sight that is often seen. There must be a convocation in Rome as I can tell there are many other priests in mufti (in plain clothes) who are ready to board the flight to Rome.

I arrived in Los Angeles early after another steady flight and I enjoyed the warm temperatures. John Murphy, S.J. collected me and brought me to Loyola Marymouth University. After a tour of the campus in the dark, I had a beer and retired. From the bedroom balcony, I can faintly make out the horizon and I can't wait to see the landscape when I awake tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment