Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Friends from Boston

It is so neat to be half a world away, a different hemisphere, and to visit with friends who are from New England. Linda and Jack, Paul and Pat, were taking a vacation to Australia and New Zealand. They just came from Uluru and will stay a few days in Sydney before they move onto Wellington, Christchurch, and Auckland.

We at in the Rocks area of Sydney at a German Brauhaus where Lowenbrau and other delicious beers were on the menu. The wait staff were all German. We had litre beers and some nice German food. I enjoyed playing host and showing them the Harbor and environs. I sounded as if I knew what I was talking about as we explored the Harbor. I was able to give good suggestions on places they could visit and I think I connected them with a Jesuit school to visit.

The rest of the week has been decent. I have had an unusual amount of energy in the morning, but I require at least 1.5 hours of naptime each day. I've been doing a little bit of yardwork. I'm over my fear of spiders and snakes. I'm told the cockatoos make sure there are no snakes because the cockatoos are carnivors. The spiders are big and ugly. I'm clearing the yard behind the house.

Tomorrow I will present Chapter 7 of the Constitutions. It is the foundational chapter and it is one that is most attributed to Ignatius. I recall presenting this chapter as a novice. Tomorrow night, I will attend a chamber concert at a nearby facility. I love listening to live music. It fills up my senses and unleashes my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment