Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Last Day in Sydney

I can't believe I am at the very end of tertianship. Tomorrow I leave Sydney and head back to the U.S. I will, for sure, be glad to be home, but I also feel as if I have had the most privileged time I ever could have during these last seven months. I've seen much of the country, met some very warm people, have established good relationships, and I have strong bonds with many of my Jesuit brothers.

It is cruel to send us back when spring is about to burst open onto the scene. We have been waiting for it for a period of time and it is about to happen. We want to see the plover's eggs hatch into young birds. We want to see the bush regenerate. Small purple creepers are adorning rose bushes and there is a tint of fresh green everywhere. The lingering sunlight makes us yearn to be outside on the lawn once again after dinners where we can play croquet or throw a frisbee or just spend some one-on-one time together.

I am all packed and ready to depart. We had a final dinner tonight; earlier this morning I made cinnamon crumble coffe cake and a tasteless 97% fat free chocolate chip muffin cake.

I feel good. It has been an amazing year for me. I will miss my brothers and that makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment