Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Who Will Dance with Me?

I've been hanging out at Waikiki Beach in Honolulu these past days and have enjoyed the warm temperatures and bright sunshine. I'm not enjoying the redness of my skin that comes from all this sunshine though. At least suntan lotion is less oily and greasy than 20 years ago.

Last night, we went out for dinner at the Koko Cafe at Waikiki Beach so we could watch the fireworks from our dining platform. Friday was Admissions Day so it was a state holiday. I chose the seafood buffet. After dinner, I convinced the group to sit in at the Warrior's lounge as a three-piece band was providing the entertainment. It was quite a hoot.

There were ancient warriors on the dance floor and they were doing a nice job keeping themselves limbered. Though many of the dance steps were from the type of dancing done nearly a century ago, they were still out on the dance floor gracefully lighting it up. Many of the dancers were confident and with great style, but the best part was that they were enjoying the evening. I'm sure many of them will be sustained by their dancing for the next few days to come.

The dance steps I know are a free-form style that everyone did to rock music in the 70's. I don't know a single dance step pattern. I just wanted to be on the dance floor....

No comments:

Post a Comment