Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Friday, March 16, 2012

Fresh Air

Tonight I took an evening walk as the rains ended and the clouds were clearing. The temperatures were mild and though daylight savings time is in effect, the land was dark. Clouds low on the horizon reflected light back onto the pond, which lightened the sky. The moist air made breathing very refreshing.

I hadn't taken an evening walk since daylight savings time ended in November. I felt invigorated as I needed only a light jacket to warm me. It feels as if the seasons are changing quickly. New life will be teeming soon.

The pond was very quiet. The ducks and swans were nestled into wherever they go. Only a few droplets of rainwater from the trees interrupted the silence that hovered over the pond. The water seemed to be replenishing life. Birds were quieted; the nocturnal world remained silent.

I felt like I was walking with eyes upon me. I imagined deer, foxes, and coyotes noticed I was an interloper in their playground, but I stealthily kept moving forward enjoying the barely cool breaths. Winter's hibernation seems to be over for me. My day has been extended into the early evening hours and I can find solace in regular peaceful evening strolls. I just want to breathe and take in this still, but active world.

2 comments: