Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Satisfaction

I have been waiting for a whole week to get a return call from my dentist to replace the temporary cap with a permanent crown. He mentioned that it would only be a few days before he called me in again. I received a call this morning from his secretary to say that it would be another week before he could see me. I didn't trust the message and decided to wait around for another call. It happened. She asked if I could come in at 6:45 p.m., which I thought was late, but I gave my day over to it.

My dentist trained in Greece and he has been practicing for 33 years. He is a nice guy, speaks English well, and is competent. The temporary fillings made me a little suspect about the quality of his work, but my gut said to trust him. As of 6:48 p.m., I have a crown that fits wonderfully and feels so good. I am very pleased with the quality of his work. Besides, he is a likable guy. I would certainly recommend him to a good friend.

It sure is an exercise in patience to try to communicate in English. The people do as well as they can, but I realize I have to increase my proficiency in Arabic. English speakers who learn Arabic say that it takes at least three years to grasp the language and proficiency is a ways off. Still, I am learning to trust the insufficiency of language and be patient with the goodwill that surrounds me.

Since it was my day off, I was planning to go to Umm Qais. With the call from the dentist, I decided to hold back. It was a good thing I did. After an 7.5 hour sleep last night, I slept for 2 hours today and now that it is nearly 10:00 p.m., I am ready to go to bed.

It was a lovely day with temps in the high 60's and bright sunshine.

4 comments:

  1. Glad that you got that taken care of - oh dentistry is always a challenge, at least as I see it!

    Umm Quais, one of my favorite places. Oh who am I kidding? In the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, there are many favorite places for me! But I did love the desolate (we were the only ones there) beauty of Umm Quais... looking outward seeing Syria, Israel. My prayers for that corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have great trust in my dentist now and I'm glad for that.

      Fran, you'll have to come back and explore some more. This is a great time of year because it is not blistering hot. I can't wait to get to Umm Qais.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I'm also glad that you were able to get the crown and that it fits well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fitting that the crown was put in around Christ the King?

      Delete