Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Onward and Upward: New Assignment

Two years ago, my provincial (boss) asked me if I would consider a ministry in Jordan as pastor of the immigrant Catholics for a year or two. I said 'yes' as our obedience and availability calls us to do. The two year term is ending and I will be leaving Jordan for the U.S.A. on July 1st.

My heart is saddened to be leaving very many wonderful friends and parishioners who have made my heart feel very tender. These friends will be with me always in prayer. I'm also confident that God works in ways by which I will somehow meet some of you again in the future and that makes me very happy.

One of the unexpected blessings of my time in Amman is that one year ago today I picked up a paintbrush for the first time in my life. I was surprised and well pleased with the results of my painting. My new assignment begins with a six month sabbatical to take painting classes at the Massachusetts College of Art in Boston. I'm looking forward to these formal classes and the chance to study a new aspect of my ministry.

Music, art, writing, photography, liturgy, and beauty are essential parts of my ministry and I'm grateful for the Jesuits for giving me a brief window to enjoy these talents and avocations. Blessed be God forever!


2 comments:

  1. It hardly seems like two years since you went to Amman.

    Looking forward to reading about the next stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two years does go quickly and it is far too short a time for me to be here in Amman. I do enjoy the people and I have begun to really accept the culture and the way the people express themselves. Everywhere I go, I see someone I know. It feels like a "Cheers" neighborhood. But alas, Jesuits make their reassignments in July when possible and it is time to go onwards and upwards.

      Delete