Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Making Progress

Each week, I read my Spanish homily aloud three times before I deliver it. I practice the pronunciation, even though I have no idea if I'm pronouncing it correctly. Mass today felt much better. I felt much more comfortable with the text and it feels like it is flowing much easier. I felt like I had some command of the language.

The priestly qualities came out as well as I heard confessions, blessed devotionals, and blessed children. I simply had to act rather than to think about what to say or how to say it, and of course, we sang a new song that I introduced. Listening is becoming easier too, and it is intriguing that I can never guess what the other person is going to say.

We are moving towards Holy Week and I'll be doing lots of different activities that are out of my comfort zone, so I'm thankful that I'm praying the language instead of poorly executing it. At times, I executed it so badly, but the people are forgiving.

As I was leaving today, a woman came up to me to say, "The people are happy." Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment