Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Life in Portland

Since I have been back in Portland, life has been good. I have been adjusting to the East Coast time zone and have been awake until 3:30 or 4:00 a.m. each night (morning.) Fortunately, I have been awaking at 7:30 a.m. so something is kicking in. Each day is better.

I have enjoyed the leisure days in Portland. I have not seen my family yet, but that will come. I have been on the phone with them often as they are in a difficult spot once again. I have seen some friends in Portland and have connected with my former colleagues at Cheverus High School. A few nights ago, I went on a cruise with them around Casco Bay. It was the most pleasant night to be on the bay. I posted some photos a few nights ago.

Two nights earlier I visited a friend on Long Island in Casco Bay. It was a great time. We went swimming, had a nice meal, toured the island, and I blessed their renovated shed. The cruise back to the mainland was also pleasant as I met a teacher from Biddeford High School who had my three nephews as students.

There are too many good people to see and not enough time. I soon have to head down to Gloucester and I need to get acclimated to the time change. As I have returned I find it so remarkable that there are so many good people striving to do the best in the world. Their goodness really makes my heart feel warm in gladness for who they are and for what they mean to me and to others.

We celebrated the last meal of an elderly Jesuit who is about to retire to Campion Center in Weston, Massachusetts. He is a good priest and has done much of the weekend cooking for us. The Jesuit community is in good shape as they begin a new academic schedule. The Jesuits of Cluster 28 have reconfigured themselves and they are primed for the fall season; the Cheverus community is all set to begin another academic year.

All is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment