Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My trophies

These are my trophies. Many times I have removed entrenched stumps from Eastern Point's laws, but these five were intractable. Yesterday, I committed my efforts to removing one of them and since the soil was loosened by the recent rains, it only took me an hour each to remove one. Encouraged by the first removal, I was determined to persevere with the others. The blasted things were still growing even though all other living things were entering into their slumber.

I will let these stumps dry out for a few days before I burn them in the fireplace. I will savor the moment of seeing these roots go op in flames. Each of them will make for an interesting log to burn. They gave me such a difficult time throughout the year. They were the cause of the major vine systems leaping off the bushes into the tall trees. The vines choked the trees and made the property look jaundiced. Even after I cut down the bushes, I could not stop the stumps from growing and since they were green, they were more resilient. I was losing the fight.

Yesterday, I won.

To the right is a photo of what the property now looks like. You can't tell where the stumps were. Most of the work that I do is invisible to most people because they only see how the land ought to look instead of how it appeared with unruly stumps sticking up all over the place.

Surely, but slowly, the land will speak for itself and will return to its original glory.


I am sore and aching in new places. I can feel muscles developing in unusual places, but the pain feels good because it was well-earned. Rising from bed this morning was slower than most mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment