Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Five Day Retreat

I am in the middle of my five day retreat and technically I am breaking my silence by entering something into my blog. I have a week and a day left in Australia and I'm very sorry to see my time here ending so rapidly.

We ended four powerful days of faith sharing about our last experiments. I think many of the guys including myself saw this last experiment as filler time, but we were very wrong. We now see this as one of our most formative cornerstore experiences of the whole year. The sharing also allowed us to go so much deeper in our relationships than we had been able to do beforehand. We could clearly see how God was working through the situation of each person's situation.

We had a few other days of conferences before the retreat. We focused on interfaith dialogue with a skilled Jesuit instructor. We also had a little downtime when we could go out for a meal or watch a movie. By the way, I wish I had lost weight while I was here. In terms of movies, I recommend two foreign films: The Swedish film "As it is in heaven" and the German film "The lives of others." Both are powerful.

During one of the films I had some potato chips - Lamb and Rosemary flavored chips. Quite interesting.

So, here I am on retreat and I am marvelling at the miracles that God has worked in my life. I do believe God has done miracles with me. I end feeling so happy, generous, compassionate, and appreciative of St. Ignatius, his sons who are my companions, the church, and the Christ who continues to call the best out of me.

No. I don't want to leave here yet, but I realize that I have homes all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment