Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Cheerful, and in a zone

I had a lot of free time during my visit to my mother today. She was in her bed listening to music. She was toasty warm and content to listen to the music of the 50's. She sang along and nodded her head and kept slipping into short naps.

She was cheerful when she saw me. She pointed out all the photos of her kids = Sharon, Dara, Diane, Dawn Mari, Erica, Dave, Rich, and Jack. She said, "They are all so beautiful."

After she woke up from a little nap, she was worried. She asked, "Where's my white baby?" I asked, "What does it look like?" I got up to look at her belongings and I saw a white stuffed animal and gave it to her. "Is this it?" "Maybe. It'll do."

After she woke up from a little nap, I asked, "Are you comfortable?" "She said, "I am now. Earlier when they moved me I was in such pain because of a cramp, but once they moved me, I felt better." "Where was the cramp?" "On my calf." "Shall I massage them?" "O, yes."

After she woke up from a little nap, I said, "It is Sharon's birthday in a few days." "O, God. How old is she? Eighteen? Is she that old yet?" "I'll ask her about her age."

After she woke up from a little nap, she just sang. Soldier Boy, Can't Buy Me Love, I Can't Help Falling in Love with you, To Sir With Love.

Then she slept for about 15 minutes and I let her be because she was so happy and comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment