Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Friday, November 9, 2018

A Dream Come True

To my great delight, I just opened an art studio this weekend in Boston’s South End at 450 Harrison Avenue, Studio 201. I share the space with an abstract artist, whom I met at a MassArt painting class.

Here is the link to the site: https://www.sowaboston.com/

The artists have been hosting event on First Fridays, and we have been trying to build the “Second Sundays” as an event as well. This Sunday is a “Second Sunday” and it is a long weekend to celebrate Veterans.

I am still in the process of setting up the studio, but I am delighted for the opportunity to paint in an energizing space with a community of very kind artists. I hope to you have a chance to visit sometime.

I had three visitors my first day and the studio wasn't even open. It was fun, but also unsettling. All of a sudden, I begin to wonder, "Am I good enough? Will anyone buy anything? Why am I here with all these accomplished trained artists?? 

Then I thought, "This studio is not a measure of what I have done; it is the promise of what I will do. The goal for me is to enjoy the process of creating through paint and to work on programs that will help people pray better." Then my self-doubt subsided. 

Last night, I put the first brush of fresh paint onto my canvass and I was hooked. This is nice.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'll definitely be in soon! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting John. Congratulations!!! I'd love to see it. There's a chance I'll be in the area between Christmas and New Year's. Maybe then?

    ReplyDelete