Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Judy Del Tredici

 I notice your quiet and fierce confidence, courage, purpose.


Yet I wonder about disturbing elements:
- why are you looking beyond your baby?
- what is that scary, lurking animal?

Then I see hopeful symbols of new life - butterflies, spirals, the new baby - that give light to the darkness of sharp-edged graffiti.

I open my mind and heart to the beauty and power of a different Nativity image...
And realize that you already know, in a way I'm  still learning, you know with a calm no-nonsense assurance:
It's not just about me, you,  and this baby.
It's about looking and reaching outward  beyond self from a strong and holy center  -
open to embracing the paradox of the sometimes-harsh realities of our world, and the tender gifts and love of God.


(with thanks for your Poems of Joy morning)

No comments:

Post a Comment