Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Ellen O'Shaughnessy

 Jesus, Your thorns 

living through Wilson. 
You got your Green Card. 
Your thorns of injustice have melted
with Mary’s signature and love. 
Your gift of joy is resurrected in us. 
No more thorns for
Wilson and his Mother in Africa
and me whom he calls Mom
and Mary who loves you so.



Wilson of Cameroon,  You are Jesus to me.   The thorns you have felt piercing your forehead have been shown through the narrow escapes from being murdered, beaten and drowned.   After many months you crossed through our US border to save your life and find freedom. You wanted faith and the gift of education. You were led to my Campus Ministry. You are Jesus to me. Faculty, students who have come together in prayer have cried listening to your story.  You are Jesus to them. I gazed out at Alum Creek’s water’s edge where we shared your story of faith on a retreat this last summer and prayed  through thorns  for you before I went on a retreat this weekend.  I  connected the thorns of this tree to your suffering with Jesus.  I groaned in prayer: Wilson has to have his Mother’s signature to get federal aid in the college I am working to get him into.  Mother Mary, help Wilson. You loved your Son as you gazed at him whose head was pierced with thorns. Help Wilson!  The retreat begins.  The image of the  Black Jesus on the cross Father Predmore provides for our meditation is a replica of Wilson.  Wilson looks just like Jesus! And those thorns I have been gazing at are long and pointed like the ones in the photo. I am stunned.  During the retreat right before the small group gathering, I get a text.  It is Wilson.  “Mom” he calls me, “I got my Green Card”.   I share the Good News with the small group.   We rejoice together on the road of Emmaus with Jesus and Wilson!   

No comments:

Post a Comment