- Funds can be transferred through its bank (BPI [Loyola-Katipunan Branch], Peso Checking Account # 3081-111-61, Dollar Account # 3084-0420-12, Swift Code: BOPIPMM, Routing #: 021-000-21).
- Checks can be made out to Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan, Loyola House of Studies, Ateneo de Manila University Campus, Loyola Heights, 1108 Quezon City.
- The Philippine Jesuit Foundation (PJF) in New York also accepts donations. Please ask your contacts and friends to indicate in the memo “Yolanda Calamity Fund” to avail of the free service fee. PJF Donors can also earn tax credit for every donation made.
- Bank transfers in the U.S. can be made through our Merrill Lynch bank (Account # 176-04A01). Checks in the U. S. can be addressed to The Philippine Jesuit Foundation, 39 East 83rd Street, New York, NY 10028, through Fr. Victor R. Salanga, S.J.
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Philippine Relief Organizations
The Jesuits express deep concern and prayers for the victims of super Typhoon Yolanda (“Haiyan”). Thousands of people lost their lives; other untold thousands, their homes and properties. It has already been acknowledged that this typhoon is the worst this year, and perhaps the worst natural calamity ever to strike the Philippines. Some estimates put the death toll over 10,000. The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) today reported nearly 2,900,000 families have been affected, some 24,000 houses damaged and major infrastructures devastated. Many parts of the Visayas still do not have electricity and communications, water, food, shelter and other basic necessities. Travel to and from some affected areas is still not possible.
The country still reels from the Zamboanga City siege and the earthquake that struck Bohol and Cebu a few weeks ago. Evacuees in those afflicted regions are still homeless, and yet now new cries arise from people suffering in other calamity-stricken areas.
Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan (SLB) through its Director, Fr. Xavier C. Alpasa, S.J., is coordinating all our efforts to assist victims of Yolanda.
Other agencies recommended by Ambassador Olivia Palala are listed below:
1. National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Center (NDRRMC)
Account name: NDRRMC Donated Funds
Contact: Ms. Rufina A. Psacual at (632) 421-1920; 911-5061 (up to 65)
2. Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
Account No. 3124-0055-81
Contact: Ms. Fe Catalina Ea at (632) 931-8101; mobile: (632) 918-628-1897
3. Philippine Red Cross (PRC) www.redcross.org.ph; Tel. (632) 527-0000
Bank accounts for Donations
Banco de Oro Peso: 00-453-0018647; USD: 10-453-0039482;
Swift Code: BNORPHMM
Metrobank Peso: 151-041631228; USD: 151-1-15100218-2
Swift Code: MBTCPHMM
Philippine National Bank Peso: 3752 8350 0034; USD 3752 8350 0042;
Swift Code: PNBMPHMM
Unionbank of the Philippines Peso 1015 4000 0201 USD 1315 4000 0090
Swift Code: UBPHPHMM
Per PRC website, “For your donations to be properly acknowledged, please fax the bank transaction slip at PRC nos. +63.1.527.0575 or +63.2.404.0979 with your name, address, and contact number.”
For further updates, go to NDRRNC website at www.ndrrmc.gov.ph