Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Saturday, February 6, 2010

I miss Holden Caulfield

I just finished reading The Catcher in the Rye and it was easy to have sympathy for Holden Caulfield. I'm glad I re-read it because I hadn't remembered a blessed thing about it since I read it 30 years ago. I rather likee the fellow and I think he will turn out just right as he grows and matures. Salinger was able to capture many possible ways of thinking of a teen that must still speak to the young generation today. I certainly suggest refreshing your memory with this quick and compelling read.

Now I will continue on with With Christ in Prison by George Anderson, S.J. He's a good writer. I worked with George in NYC.

2 comments:

  1. John, I just disvocered your terianship blog! thanks for stying in touch this way!! you are sooo high tech...
    Ditto re Holden Caulfield.
    thinking of you,
    elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elke. I'll have to check out your place soon.

    ReplyDelete