Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Sunday, November 18, 2012

A First

Well, it is now two months that I am in Amman and I had something happen to me today that I was not expecting. Two 40-ish Arabic speaking men driving along Al-Razi street pulled their car over, rolled down the windows and asked me for directions. I laughed, but I heard where they wanted to go and gave them directions anyways. In the few Arabic words I know, I did my best.

Also, I chuckled when I realized how much this culture is based on texting. I gave a parishioner a letter last night with my email address on it. I told this parishioner that we have to communicate on a few items on that letter. I asked if we could touch base by email. When I returned home, I had a text message providing me the email! Argh! I've lost.

4 comments: