Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

World Cup

The World Cup has gripped Jordan and I love it. So many people are sitting outdoors and in local shops to watch the games. Flags of all countries are flying in many places in the city. Germany and Brazil seem to be popular. It is great to see the interest in a sporting event. You really must be outside the U.S.A. to see the power and popularity of the World Cup. My favorite: the Netherlands.

I feel like I've made a shift in my thinking during these past months. It seems that everywhere I go I run into someone I know. Instead of sitting in a restaurant and seeing all the people who smoke, I can go to a place, see a person I know who smokes. Somehow it makes a difference that smokers are not grouped into a category, but that they are individuals who smoke. Maybe I'll make the shame shift with drivers.

This week, the Abdali Gateway project opened the doors to the boulevard. Some patrons are visiting the shops that are not quite open, but are serving food and beverages. Most people go to watch the World Cup games, but it is great to see so many people finding pleasure in a spot of leisure. The Boulevard will be open for two weeks before Ramadan begins. I imagine the grand opening will occur at the close of Ramadan when residents move into the apartments. I like that the place is coming along and is a source of beauty for many. It is a great step forward to bring West Ammani people over to the City Center. It is all good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment