Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Appreciation for Public Transportation

For the past two weeks, I've had to take the subway system into Boston each morning and home during the late afternoon. I am impressed. During rush hour, I've been able to board a train within three to five minutes of my arrival. The trains are standing room only and the passengers are accommodating. The ride along the Red Line for six stops has been efficient and smooth.

The ride home has been equally smooth and efficient. Even in the midst of hot, humid weather, the trains are well air-conditioned and on-time. The city moves people well and the transit system is well-used. A diversity of people ride the subways trains, which are reliable. I am edified to know how well the city works to move people efficiently. Questions remain about how much more growth it can handle, but for the time being, I give the city high marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment