Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Storm is Passing Over

That sounds like the title of a song I once sang.

Hurricane Irene was downgraded to a Tropical Storm as it hit New England. Fortunately, New York City was spared. Many of the East Coast cities fared well. The winds were fairly strong and the rains steady, but in early afternoon, blue skies came about and signalled the storm's passing. The howling winds dried the pavement and the grass and the evening is looking good.

We survived just fine. A few double-doors were blown open and I had to mop the floors, but it was not significant. We had no major leaks. We have no downed trees blocking the roads. I can tell because gawkers drive up the private service road to see the ocean's swells.

I began and completed a long-delayed and lengthy correpondence. For that, I feel so good. I watched an old-time movie from 1950 on Turner Classic Network about a race riot and a new African-American medical doctor. I worked on my 2,000 piece puzzle - DaVinci's "The Last Supper" that hangs in Milan, Italy. I took some photos and I took a nap.

Right now it is quiet and dark (because I didn't turn on any lights yet.) The wind is swirling more faintly. I just want to listen to the stillness in the silence just like Elijah did in the cave on Mount Horeb. Shh!

No comments:

Post a Comment