Thursday, October 31, 2013

A very complete day

I woke up early this morning to watch the Red Sox clinch the World Series. It has been an amazing year with an incredible team. Who would have thought this could happen after last year's demoralizing season and after this year's Marathon attacks? I am certainly proud of my native city.

It was going to be a good day anyways because it is Halloween and I like the lead up to the holiday. I love the crunch of leaves under my feet when I walk through a forest and I am always astonished at the gently tumbling golden and red leaves. I fondly remember walking home from school through the state forest when silence filled the air. Since there were very few houses or cars going to the Terrace, I would often be surprised by a darting fox or a deer as it crossed the road. I always felt like I was very close to the earth and I love the sounds of the invisible wind as it causes a leaf to launch from its perch and begin its spiraling descent.

Halloween also falls between my sister's memorial day and All Saints and All Souls Days.

I am happy for another reason. I have my MacBook Pro laptop monitor repaired. It has taken nearly two months and since I was hung together by threads, it prevented me from settling into my room and establishing a routine. Most of my waking time would be at church or in my office and it is always good to have a change of scenery. Now I can make my bedroom feel comfortable and I can establish a routine that makes me feel like I'm at home.

It would have helped to have the computer downstairs for the month-long dance rehearsals with exceedingly loud music that I don't like. Now I can have quiet.

As I was at the service station to wait for my computer to be fixed, I noticed all the old computers piled up. It reminded me of my corporate days when people would house broken old computers and I would send them immediately to the dumpster. However, I did think fondly back on those days when I would feel great satisfaction in solving employee computer problems.

Last night I sat in my room to pray. I like a stick of incense and watched the flame spiral upwards -- the opposite of autumn leaves -- and it made me feel so peaceful.

The day would have been very complete if my painting instructor showed up at the studio. I waited and did some fine tuning of the painting for 1.5 hours before he arrived. When he showed up, I was feeling anxious because it was getting near time to leave. He wanted me to stay and finish and I certainly want to finish it, but work does call. It leaves me something to look forward to doing on Saturday morning.

I received mail today. It is always good to receive mail.

All is well. All is exceedingly well.


  1. I feel at peace just reading about your good day. Blessings.