Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Nancy J. Nowak


Stones in the Wall 

Run your hand over a stone: 
this one is rough on the surface, 
and cold. 
This one has sharp edges. 
I can be rough at times, and cold, 
with sharp edges, too. 

But the stones in this wall 
work together, 
holding each other up, 
be they rough or smooth, 
sharp or rounded, 
making something beautiful, 
holding each other up, 
with all their individual shapes and colors 
just like people could do 
if we wanted to. 




Maple Tree 

Summer tree, summer tree, 
I would climb you if I could 
hug you if I would 
feel your rough bark 
against my face 
and your firm woody embrace 

Summer tree, summer tree, 
you reach your arms so high, 
open, with praise, where hawks fly 

Summer, tree, summer tree, 
in my yard you grew. 
Teach me, oh teach me, 
to pray like you do. 





My Zentangle Life 

My life is so jumbled and confused, 
complexity of parts 

Some people seem to know 
just what their life’s about 
pursuing it with passion and drive and confidence 

I am so divided and fragmented: 
this part for daily chores 
this part for time in prayer 
this part for poetry, creative pursuits – 
do they all fit together 
to make a Whole? 

Will the Master builder 
make sense of it all, I wonder, 
show me my own life’s beauty 
someday?

No comments:

Post a Comment