Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Days Away



The Marathon is days away. Am I ready? Is anyone ever ready? I think of those dark nights back in January when I would run laps inside the gymnasium. I had a goal in mind, and those goals shifted as the laps increased, and then they shifted when running became difficult. 

Now, the spectre or 26.2 miles is on the horizon. I break it down in terms of numbers so my head can get a grip on the distance, but my body might have different thoughts. I want to do well. I want to do my best. I have excitement, nervousness, and a myriad of other feelings. However, now I am just focused on getting to the day and doing what I can.

It is a blessing to happen on Easter Monday when I will have a sense of being carried, but it might feel more like Good Friday than an Easter Day. The weather is cooperating. Much in life is cooperating. The temperatures will be around 55 degrees with mostly cloudy skies. My dermatologist will be happy. 

I'll take these next few days to focus my energy and get my head around what I am about to do. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment