Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Monday, April 4, 2022

Two Weeks, and Good News.

There are two weeks left until the marathon. I'm excited with some mild anxiety. I have no idea how my body will respond to this grand feat, but it will be good to have the date come closer. I had a good run today. It started out fairly warm and pleasant and then I turned the corner at Dorchester Harbor and I met a fierce wind that seemed to push back at me. I felt like I was being held down, but I pushed forward and made a good run. Something that seemed so difficult a month ago is now fairly easy.

During the marathon, I wonder about chaffing, what is best to wear to prevent chaffing, whether I will get blisters or nails pressing into my toes, if I will get sunburned, and other such questions. I seem to maintain a good pace for the run and I'm not tired or winded when I finish, but I have not done this before and I haven't learned necessary lessons, and yet, I still look forward to it.

Now, for my good news. I was invited by John Hancock, the official sponsor of the marathon, to their private suite at Fenway Park for Opening Day for the Boston Red Sox because they are recognizing me as one of their top fundraisers. What a hoot. It happens to be on Good Friday, but I will go to an evening service of veneration. I have to remind myself that I am bringing news of the care for the homeless to the consciousness of the sponsors. 


Click on this link to the online donation form. You will see two big red buttons with the word "Donate" on them. Click on the link and follow the easy instructions. This will add your total to my fundraising page and it will generate a tax donation form for you.

https://www.givengain.com/ap/john-predmore-raising-funds-for-boston-health-care-for-the-homeless-program/      

No comments:

Post a Comment