Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Saturday, April 2, 2022

Time, Time, Time

 Running was pure joy today. The temperatures hovered around 51 degrees and the sun was shining brightly. Perhaps the best part of the day was when a young running man came up to me, ran alongside me, and gave me a fist bump. I must be quite a curious sight to these young runners. A few minutes later, a runner from the opposing direction waved a big hello and smiled. I noticed that so many runners are the same. We are in this outdoor track together and we are partners and teammates. 

For some reason, the running was easy. I just ran 5.5 miles, and I could have kept running, but I still want to be steady and controlled with it so I build up endurance. 

The difficulty I ran into this week was with time. On a priest schedule, it is a fight to get time dedicated to training. Nearly each day this week, I had to battle to get some time to walk or run. I was getting down on myself because I couldn't run each day and the date for the marathon is approaching quickly, and I'm not ready until I can get in a few long runs. I had to let go of my frustration and decide I can only do what I can do, and I made a resolution to rise each morning at 5:30 to get my run in before the day begins. It will exhaust me but it is what I have to do otherwise other commitments will tug at me.

The forecast for the next ten days is seasonably cool, which is great. I hope this weather continues through Patriots day. 


  • For Fundraising:
  • A number of people asked me the best way to donate, and I give them these options in rank from best to least desirable.

1.  The Best Way to Donate.

Click on this link to the online donation form. You will see two big red buttons with the word "Donate" on them. Click on the link and follow the easy instructions. This will add your total to my fundraising page and it will generate a tax donation form for you.

https://www.givengain.com/ap/john-predmore-raising-funds-for-boston-health-care-for-the-homeless-program/      

2. The next best way to donate.

Send a check made out to: Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program

to this address: 

Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
780 Albany Street, 
Boston, MA 02118

In the memo field, write "for John Predmore"

No comments:

Post a Comment