Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Humidity

The air in Amman was the heaviest I have ever felt. It is typically dry, but there is some weather pattern that is holding across the city that has brought some bad air. Many of us felt winded and sluggish for the weekend and anytime we moved, we perspired heavily. It caused me to bypass my 4.5 miles walk last year and head to the Jesuit apartment early. I was asleep by 8:00 p.m. It was reminiscent of the end-of-summer times when we would go to bed early as children to wake up refreshed for the first day of school.

How I wish I were back in the classroom - on either side!

Yesterday afternoon it was terrific to see a fully-occupied Jesuit Center. The two classrooms were used and traffic was steady throughout the Center. The bishop led a course for Bethlehem University and then some English teachers were giving a workshop for creative classroom techniques.

This morning as I was walking to work, I lingered to greet some of the returning students to school. They were dressed in new uniforms with backpacks slunked over the shoulders and they were all smiling. A new year has begun and I'm almost to my one year anniversary of being in Jordan.

4 comments:

  1. Time goes by so quickly that you must be amazed at all that has happened in the past year. You have touched many lives and been touched by many as well. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a whirlwind year. I'm ready to approach year 2 with courage and energy.

      Delete
  2. One year - wow, that went quickly. God bless you John! I have been away from the blog, but you are ever in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fran. I arrived in Amman on September 20th. I can't believe the year has passed. The second year will be very different.

      Delete