Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Friday, March 25, 2022

Am I a runner?

 I'm sitting in my bedroom and it is Friday night. The week is over and I'm sitting with a heating pad around my knee. It feels very good as it comforts the pain and allows me some self-care time. Heat has become a constant companion. St Peter's, a small Jesuit university in Jersey City, a school that serves mostly first-generation college students, won against #3 seed Purdue in the NCAA basketball tournament. This is excellent news for the university. With that contentment, I turned on Turner Classic Movies Channel because they have all the Oscar nominated and winners shown during the month. 

Earlier today I visited a high school classmate in Worcester as he tragically lost his 22 year old son last week. We spent a couple hours together catching up and just sharing news of our lives. It was good to be with him.

When I came home, I suddenly needed a nap and I had planned to get in a run before dinner. I needed a nap. The other thing I needed was a lot of food. I want to eat a hamburger, hard boiled eggs, and lots os salty things like potato chips. I don't know why this craving has come upon. Last week I hardly wanted to eat. Now I want to eat everything that I can bite into and chew. What a strange sensation. 

It would have been okay to eat meat today even though it is a Friday in Lent because it is the solemnity of the Annunciation, so the obligation was lifted, but I stayed with baked haddock for dinner. It was great, and the roasted cauliflower and garlic spinach were tasty. I guess I can be satisfied with those vegetables in place of a burger. 

As I wanted to go to the studio tonight, I squeezed in a five mile run before dinner. The weather was just perfect at 60 degrees with no wind. Yesterday was rainy, the day before was cold and windy. I guess I have to run in all weather, but as I was running there were many people also running. Most of them are trim and fit, and I am not. However, as I was running, I was noticing how others ran, and I began to question myself, "Am I a runner?" I'm running each day, but what makes a person a runner? Do I see myself as one or when does one become a runner? I know I will do my best to run in the marathon, and I hope I am enjoying it enough that I will want to run when I am finished. There is something that is aligned when one runs and breathing is easy. Perhaps I would feel like a runner if I did not carry so much weight.

I'm just pleased that I am able to sustain running each day, and I'm not content unless I get some of that movement into my day. 


  • For Fundraising:
  • A number of people asked me the best way to donate, and I give them these options in rank from best to least desirable.

1.  The Best Way to Donate.

Click on this link to the online donation form. You will see two big red buttons with the word "Donate" on them. Click on the link and follow the easy instructions. This will add your total to my fundraising page and it will generate a tax donation form for you.

https://www.givengain.com/ap/john-predmore-raising-funds-for-boston-health-care-for-the-homeless-program/      

2. The next best way to donate.

Send a check made out to: Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program

to this address: 

Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
780 Albany Street, 
Boston, MA 02118

In the memo field, write "for John Predmore"


No comments:

Post a Comment