Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Monday, March 14, 2022

Discouragement followed by Encouragement

 Training is quite a challenge because one day is not like another. I was so happy when I was able to run on Friday with my new brace. It seemed to help and then I stiffened up for the weekend. I was only able to walk and I could feel valuable time slipping by without a daily training regimen. I did leg strengthening and many stretching exercises, but I was trying to hide my limp and my discouragement. 

I felt like I was writing a thesis because every time someone saw me, she or he would ask, "How's the training going?" It sounded a lot like, "How's the writing going?" I didn't want to hide the ups and downs, and I wanted to be truthful. 

Inside I was discouraged, but I was persistent in doing whatever I could. 

I have received lots of supportive statements and words of encouragement from friends. Today I received an email from a friend who told me that the pain that he was suffering a month ago is now gone after losing ten pounds. I have to keep on that trajectory. I know that being overweight makes it much more difficult for me, but even if I can take off eight more pounds before marathon day, I'll be that much more able to compete and to be pain-free.

By the time I received his email, I had already walked 4.5 miles in the beautiful sunshine. Afterwards, I used a foam roller to help with stretching, and I was determined to try to run in the evening. Much to my surprise, I was able to run 4 additional miles. I went back to the foam roller, which seems to release some level of stress. I felt like I have confidence restored because I am back on track. 

Let's see how I feel tomorrow.

A number of people asked me the best way to donate, and I give them these options in rank from best to least desirable.

1.  The Best Way to Donate.

Click on this link to the online donation form. You will see two big red buttons with the word "Donate" on them. Click on the link and follow the easy instructions. This will add your total to my fundraising page and it will generate a tax donation form for you.

https://www.givengain.com/ap/john-predmore-raising-funds-for-boston-health-care-for-the-homeless-program/      

2. The next best way to donate.

Send a check made out to: Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program

to this address: 

Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
780 Albany Street, 
Boston, MA 02118

In the memo field, write "for John Predmore"




No comments:

Post a Comment