Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Sunday, March 20, 2022

It feels like a miracle

 I was able to run 8 miles on Friday, a beautiful afternoon in Boston with temperatures in the high 60's at the coast. I was pleased to increase my mileage, though it pales in comparison to 26.2, however, it felt like an accomplishment. I am tired at the end, but I'm not out of breath and I could push myself if I needed to, but I'm in this for the long haul, and slow and steady wins the race. 

And I won't win. I'll be among the last place finishers.

The miracle was that the sharp pain out the outskirts of my knee seemed to lessen. I think all the stretching and the heat helps. I'll never quite know, but I didn't feel much pain on Saturday and even less on Sunday. I could only do the minimal amount of walking on Saturday because I gave a poetry retreat on Zoom in the morning, I had some errands and baking to do, and then I was going to travel to Cohasset to say mass before going to the Venezia restaurant for a fundraiser for the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School. 

This morning I did two masses in Cohasset, then did a little painting in the studio. It was slow there because the St. Patrick's Day parade was being held in South Boston - a lovely day for it - and then I went out for a run. I was very pleased with today's run because I went all around Dorchester Harbor, hugging the coast, up to Pleasure Cove and back. The running seemed easy. I hope it becomes even easier as I begin to lose weight. My knee was not hurting, which is the miracle, so I cooked dinner for the brethren - corned beef hash, put on some fish chowder, and made some over-easy eggs with toast. 

And now I'm putting heat on my knee, which feels great. All is good.



A number of people asked me the best way to donate, and I give them these options in rank from best to least desirable.

1.  The Best Way to Donate.

Click on this link to the online donation form. You will see two big red buttons with the word "Donate" on them. Click on the link and follow the easy instructions. This will add your total to my fundraising page and it will generate a tax donation form for you.

https://www.givengain.com/ap/john-predmore-raising-funds-for-boston-health-care-for-the-homeless-program/      

2. The next best way to donate.

Send a check made out to: Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program

to this address: 

Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
780 Albany Street, 
Boston, MA 02118

In the memo field, write "for John Predmore"



No comments:

Post a Comment