Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Mansion

After my first mass today I had lunch at the house of a choir member. She is the domestic worker for the owner, who is a businessman that runs a restaurant in the city. It was just like a Hollywood house with Arab flare.

The gated building was immaculately constructed. Even the driveway was elegant. When I passed through the garage to the mudroom, I had a view of the magnificent swimming pool. It looked like a lush garden of Eden. The grounds were superbly kept. Grass was abundant and it looked like a tropical garden.

When I entered the house, I thought it was quite lovely. It was very large for there were two main sitting areas before one arrived at the dining room. However, from there, there was another two-thirds of the house to see. There were four more seating areas, plus a smoking room, a piano room, and another lounge. I felt like I was walking through a museum. Everything was tastefully decorated.

I did not go upstairs, but the second floor was the same footprint as the ground floor. The kitchen was huge and extremely modern. I would love to cook there. Our meal was very tasty and nicely prepared.

I'm sure many other houses are similar to this one, but it was amazing to see. I generally see more modest houses. One of the nice things the wealthy can buy is space. Space makes a person feel free.

2 comments:

  1. What struck me is that the choir member was free to invite you to lunch and I assume to treat this as her home. Freedom is so important and I'm happy that she has that freedom because not all employers treat domestics well - at least not here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a very fortunate situation. She was very happy to open her home to us. Her employers are very good to her. Some are very much part of the family and are loved by their employers.

      Delete