Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Fundraising Efforts - February 10th

 I am honored, surprised, humbled by the outpouring of support I have received as I announced my intention to run/walk the 126th Boston Marathon. I never before considered such an undertaking, and what surprises me is the tremendous amount of support to reach fundraising goals for the homeless.

Within three days, your contributions surpassed $10,000, which is the quickest total that any person met that goal through this agency. I raised it to $18,000 because I have already surpassed $15,000 as some contributions are checks and wire transfers directly to the agency.

I am stunned, though, by the thoughtful words and significant contributions by so many people. If I ever had doubts about the undertaking, your contributions have put it behind me. I now have a dual purpose: I will not only be running on behalf of the homeless in Boston, I will also be running because of the trust and confidence you have put in me. Please know that you are in my prayers each day. I'm just taken aback by your kindness and it is great to know that we are all in this together in some capacity.

My new sneakers are working out fine. The pain in my knee has subsided and I've taken to jogging again to test the pain. I am progressing well. 

Tomorrow, the insurance appraiser comes to examine the damage done to my car. It is minor but it will be nice to have a chance to get it fixed. But to put matters in perspective, a friend was just seriously injured in a terrible accident. Life can change completely in a matter of a second. My friend, an 81 year old man, was at a pedestrian at a walkway in his hometown when he was struck by an MBTA bus and seriously injured. He was transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital yesterday for an extensive surgery, and he has another surgery scheduled for tomorrow. He has such a positive, upbeat spirit and is looking toward the next challenge in his life as this accident has forever altered his manner of life. His story is heartbreaking. 

Tomorrow I visit friend a longtime friend who moved to the Mid-Atlantic several years ago to live near her son. She made her annual physical in December feeling absolutely fine, and she received a difficult diagnosis immediately. She had surgery in early January and begins chemotherapy on Tuesday. 

When I think of the minor aches I am experiencing, they are not comparable to the types of suffering other people are experiencing. I am able to align my prayers for them and for the charity donors in my training regimen. It is a new way for me to pray but at this moment it seems effective.

Overall, I'm just feeling grateful for the uplifting support and I'm feeling energized. I cannot turn back. I don't want to. I just want to bring all this forward one step at a time. 

https://www.givengain.com/ap/john-predmore-raising-funds-for-boston-health-care-for-the-homeless-program/      or send checks to: BHCHP  at 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118

No comments:

Post a Comment