Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Saturday, February 26, 2022

A good week of training

It has been a good week of training despite the cold, nasty, changeable weather in Boston. I was able to run for an hour from Sunday to Saturday with Tuesday as an interruption. As I finished today, I realized how comfortable I was in running and how I could run even longer. It does not seem as laborious today as it did on Sunday.

Perhaps I should have been at this pace two months ago, but I'm an older man who is overweight and I have to take these matters reasonably and gradually. The long and short of it is that I feel good.

I like when it is a snow day because a teacher, Jeff, is in the gym when I do laps. He does the rowing machine and he does not have an ounce of body fat on him. His training regimen is precise and impeccable and I'm inspired by the rigors through which he puts his body - with ease and grace. Anyways, we both coexist in the same space, but just by being present we support each other. He is also a brilliant English teacher.

Boston's sidewalks are covered with snow. It is almost unthinkable, from a climate point of view, that in a month and a half, we will be participating in the marathon. The sun sets in Boston at 5:30 p.m. and in two weeks, we change the clocks forward to better adjust to the daylight.

As I run, I listen to podcasts on the dire situation in Ukraine and I'm inspired by the determination and resolve to defend their country from the Russian invaders. I believe peace is possible. War never needs to happen. Not today. Not ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment