Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Friday, February 4, 2022

Marathon Fundraiser Update

This is the beginning of the third day of fundraising and I am already in awe of the financial and inspirational support I have received. It shows just how much goodness is in the world. As I see the numbers tumble in, I get to pray for each person who has made a donation or provided me with support. I am praying for those anonymous donors whose identities are unknown, but their thoughtful benefactions are great. I'm deeply touched.

Yesterday, I went to buy some cushioned sneakers for the marathon because the old ones I had been wearing were not suitable. I developed runner's knee or tendonitis because I had been pushing myself to see if I had enough stamina to go through with the marathon. I wisely chose a comfortable pair and I was eager to get home to try them on around the house. I was on cloud nine.

Cloud nine last two minutes as a woman in a car in the left lane wanted to be in the right lane where I was at the same time. Her right front bumper dislodged my left rear bumper, and I spent the next hours filling out motor vehicle crash reports. So much for my high spirits. Actually, I still couldn't wait to put on those sneakers.

The sneakers, the bags of ice, and the new sneakers made my exercise regimen successful. The slight pain I had (2 of 10) was receding. Once I lose weight, I'm sure that pain will go away. Now, it is an ice day and there is no school, so I'm heading to the track early to get in a few lights steps. Much of the snow has been washed away and soon I'll be outdoors to get a real training regimen started. Until then, I'm happy to use the indoor facilities. 

Thanks for all your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment