Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Keeping Pace

 This afternoon I was very pleased with my activity. I jogged steadily for an hour and walked only as a warm-up and cool-down at the ends of the running. It felt so good to keep going. I could have run for a  longer period but I only scheduled myself this solid hour as part of my training regimen. I'll go a bit longer tomorrow during Presidents Day.

This week the outdoor temperatures should moderate and I'll be able to get outdoors, which feels much better with the fresh ocean air to greet my lungs. It is nice that the sunset at the Boston coast sets at 5:22 p.m. so it feels like spring is soon to arrive, though it has been very cold. We were hit with a snow squall during mass last night. When I went to worship, it seemed like a mostly clear night. When I left the church, I had over an inch of snow on my car.

My knee does not hurt me when I run. I can feel stiffness when I finish, which means that I have to stretch more immediately after a run. It is quite moderate and I take glucosamine each morning for my joint health. If I lose weight, I'm sure I will feel less pressure on my knee, but overall I feel good. I also noticed that if I get a good night's sleep, my joints feel fine. The problem is that I don't quite get 6.5 hours of sleep each night. I run out of time. 

I spoke with two high school classmates this week and they are urging me forward. They are as excited as I am. It is good to get their affirmations. I may practice for a 5 K with one of them; the other I will see this summer on the West Coast. I do want to get a virtual class reunion set up so we can catch up on each other's lives.

I am around $20,000.00 raised for the homeless, and I'm two months away from running the marathon. All seems to be falling into place, and I notice that I am getting excited about the day. Many friends have been great supports and many are giving me their wisdom from prior entries. 

I may be running on fumes and prayers by the end of the race, but anything we can do to help the homeless build a better life for themselves, then all the better. I'm just feeling grateful.

Here is the online donation form.

https://www.givengain.com/ap/john-predmore-raising-funds-for-boston-health-care-for-the-homeless-program/      

or you can send checks to:
 
Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program

780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118

In the memo field, write "for John Predmore"



No comments:

Post a Comment