Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Onward and Upward

OMG. I cannot believe that I ran for an hour today because yesterday I could scarcely lift my legs. I ran for an hour (nearly six miles) on Sunday without walking any part of it, and I repeated it on Monday. Yesterday, seemed like drudgery and my knee was in mild pain and my muscles were sore. 

When I started running today, I felt rather good. I slept for 8 hours and I awoke pain-free. I do mean pain-free. I figured that I would try to run for an hour but that seemed aggressive after being sluggish the day before. When I got to 30 minutes, my mind was saying that I needed to walk a lap and then resume jogging, but then I looked at my watch and I had already gone 35 minutes, so I figured I would trudge along. 

I was listening to the stories about Russia's invasion of Ukraine and I was filled with sadness for the people of the region, but filled with energy because of the fortitude of Germany, the Baltics, the UK, the EU, and NATO. I have come to believe that war is never necessary and that everything can be worked out through diplomacy and sanctions. I am hoping and praying that calmer, clearer heads prevail, and that Russia respects the self-determination principles of Ukraine.

Well, now 45 minutes had passed and now I could not slow down for a walk when my goal of making an hour was within reach. I perspired a great deal too and my breathing felt a little heavier because of the humidity. Typically, the last five minutes are the longest, but they came so quickly. I felt so proud of myself for playing mind games to continue. Three of the past four days have been filled with a regimen of running steadily for an hour. It is easy to be a self-defeatist, but I had little tolerance for that in me today. I was happy to reverse the course of yesterday's lethargy.

And now I can look at tomorrow with some hope of continuation, and I look forward to a good night's sleep tonight. Let's see what I can do.

 A number of people asked me the best way to donate, and I give them these options in rank from best to least desirable.

1.  The Best Way to Donate.

Click on this link to the online donation form. You will see two big red buttons with the word "Donate" on them. Click on the link and follow the easy instructions. This will add your total to my fundraising page and it will generate a tax donation form for you.

https://www.givengain.com/ap/john-predmore-raising-funds-for-boston-health-care-for-the-homeless-program/      


2. The next best way to donate.

Send a check made out to: Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program

to this address: 

Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
780 Albany Street, 
Boston, MA 02118

In the memo field, write "for John Predmore"

No comments:

Post a Comment