Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Loose Ends

Today was a complete day of leisure for me. After a good night's sleep, I decided to clear up the small loose ends that really make me feel accomplished. I first took care of my finances because my desk is much neater afterwards, then I celebrated Mass for the First Sunday in Lent, and had a nutritious breakfast afterwards. If the day had stopped there, I would have felt good.

After a light two-hour nap, I tidied up the lawn. Yesterday, I pulled up some rosa ragosas that spread far beyond where we wanted them to grow. I collected some firewood that I stacked in the lawn to get it ready for the next retreat that begins on Monday. Today, I started taking care of the flower beds near the ocean, especially Fiacre's garden. I raked the beds and pulled up many old weeds, especially in the lily garden behind Fiacre's. I then pulled up large branches of weeds and cut down some timber that was obtrusive. Removing those wayward branches makes an immediate effect on the environment. The lawn and garden looks well maintained and it is ready for spring planting.

I collected some piles of kindling that I cut down in November. I felt like a slacker all winter long. I was hoping they would be covered over by the snow but we had none this year. Therefore, I had a constant reminder of my slovenliness. I feel accomplished because I finally moved them to the kindling pile for retreatants to use.

I did some additional raking and cutting down of tree limbs that have gone unchecked. I hope to improve the sight lines on the property and to allow air to pass through the property to dry out the wet areas and to reduce the mosquito population.

Daffodils are breaking through the surfaces. It looks as it a couple of daffodils will bloom within a week. The others will come in two weeks. They will be here before Easter. This is a weird winter. The month is almost over and we are expecting 50 degree weather again this week. I'll get more lawn work done.

After I bathe, I'll send out a new note cards. Then I'll look at my schedule a plan a retreat, vacation times, and then settle on some dates of other activities. All seems good.

The Academy Awards are tonight. I'll pop in to watch some of it, but I'm content taking care of business and settling down with an enjoyable book.

No comments:

Post a Comment